Go Design Solutions residential design Sutherland Shire on Construction Certificates
Here at Go Design Solutions, our residential drafting designers in Penshurst explain that A Construction Certificate (CC) allows for building work to commence on a project. This certificate is issued by an accredited private certifier or a consent authority.
The purpose of the CC is to ensure the following:
- The work to be carried out complies with the Building Code of Australia (BCA)
- The design and construction work as seen in the plans is consistent with specs of the development consent
- Conditions of development consent have been met
- Security required as a condition of consent has been provided
- Monetary contributions required as a condition of consent have been paid
- Structural strength and fire protection matters have been satisfied (this includes a check to see if the application has been referred to the State Fire Brigade)
A Construction Certificate must be issued prior to the commencement of building work as provided in s81(A)(2) of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 (EP&A).
To find out more about our residential drafting design services in the Sutherland Shire and St George areas contact our specialists in home extensions, Penshurst.