Residential Drafting Services in Sydney: Renovation do's and don'ts Part 2
So the last post we've talked about things you should do when it comes to renovation and extensions. What most people fears are things that they think they "are capable to do", but in reality, they should not do!
- Convert a bedroom into something that can’t be converted back like a wine cellar. People want bedrooms.
- Similarly, don’t convert your garage into another room. Clean it up, and add storage by all means, but make sure it still functions as a garage.
- Invest in new carpet. Hardwood floors are still the top pick for most homes, so you risk spending a lot on carpet that the next owner is just going to rip out.
- Start any major renovations without checking if you need approvals.
- Try to attempt architectural drawings yourself without knowing the code.
- Try to take "shortcuts" by getting your "uncle, or brother-in-law" to do the job if they aren't professionals. You'll end up paying more in the long term to rectify work.
- Submit to council without knowing what documents you need to provide, it's more than just sketches.