Residential Drafting Services in Sydney: Renovation do's and don'ts Part 1
When it comes to residential extensions and renovations, whether or not you are planning to just doing some minor patch up, or building additions to the existing property, there are certain things that you should Do, and don't do.
Let the Go Design Solutions Team to guide you on what you should do:
1. Plan. This is the first and most important thing to do – make sure you have a plan, and a budget. If you make some major changes, talk to a draftsperson and make sure you get the right approvals. Research so you know what you want, and how to get it. Rushing into renovations can be costly and disastrous.
2. Paint. Paint can instantly refresh a property both inside and out.
3. Be realistic about what you can do yourself. If you’re not a tradie but are planning major renovations, it’s worth talking to a professional about your plans are.
4. Get a professional to draw up some plans for your builders to quote on.
5. Check whether an official approval is required, either through a private certifier or the local council authority.
6. Clean up the house and throw away bulky boxes of stuff that you will not longer use!
What shouldn't you do then; stay tuned on our next post!